Safety is key to enjoying a great cooking experience.
Follow these simple tips during your journey of becoming a great chef!
- Wash hands and pop on a chef ’s hat before beginning to cook.
- Always have adult supervision when cooking.
- Use safe cutting tools like pizza cutters or scissors. Always have adults use the knives.
- Make sure you wash the vegetables or fruit before you use them.
- Use potholders to handle hot pots or cookie sheets.
- Wear an apron while you cook in the kitchen.
- Clean up as you go while you are cooking.
- Get all ingredients cleaned, chopped or measured before you begin to cook. This is known as “mise en place” which means put in place.
- Watch your fingers if you are using graters or peelers to grate your own cheese or peel your vegetables.
- Cook together frequently as a family.